Old 04-23-08, 06:18 AM
strangeseraph

Bikes: None Yet! Soon To Purchase

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
New Bike Purchase Possibilities

Didn't know what to title this. I'm very close to the end of the month, and narrowing my bike purchase down to several options. Anybody who read my intoductory post knows I've been considering which bikes to buy based on a couple factors. I'll be going shopping with my bike so it needs a basket, preferably a rear basket. I also like to bike casually, and will be using it for transportation around my area as opposed to using a car since I can't drive and currently use the bus system. You know, biking to the library, the doctor, and so forth.

So anyhoo, I found a couple bikes at my local Zellers, one of them might do, they're from Sportek, a Canadian brand that I can't find a website for, so I thought I'd run the bikes past the 'experts' first. I was looking at them both, but concerned because Zellers is not a bike shop, its just a department store, so I don't think I'd get any special add ons like repairs or whatever if I bought one of these.

Here's one, http://shop.hbc.com/webapp/wcs/store...CachePage=true

Big long link. Here's the other. http://shop.hbc.com/webapp/wcs/store...CachePage=true

Those were the only two bikes that were anywhere near what I was looking for. Basically everything else was a kid's bike or a mountain/men's bike. The Artistry bike was closer to my height, and my favorite color, but the handle bars seemed really odd. The Spellbound is a bit tall, I suppose the seat height can be adjusted, but it was actually rather nice, and the handles were proper. The Artistry is meant more for girls, but its height was closer to my 5'4 than the Spellbound, and its the color I like. I dunno. I guess its not a matter of which bike would suit my needs more.

What do you think? At least the store is close to me, as opposed to an hour bus ride away. Heheh. I'm also gonna check out a sports shop that is in the phone book on my end of town, and see what they have, but this is what I dug up so far in my area.

Other than that I've been splunking the used bikes on kijiji.ca and thinking about them too. Hm. So hard to decide.