piwonka
park ranger

Bikes: recumbents

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by CHEN
It all happened very fast, and i actually don't remember falling off the bike nor my head going through the windsheild. Even if i had a brake, i don't think i would have been able to react fast enough....my brain couldn't even process what just happened fast enough when i was on the ground. I didn't feel out of control at all, but i was cutting across that car very hard and close at a moderate speed, so when it stopped suddenly there was nothing i could've done...i don't think
you probably don't remember because you hit your head so hard.
if you're splitting lanes you have to be ready for a car to do some **** like that. they don't look for cyclists, especially where you were coming from.
you should have been going slow enough that you could've stopped. you must have been hauling ass if your head went all the way through the back window. a brake will stop faster than skidding. maybe you would've still hit the car but you would've been going alot slower.

you're still alive, you will heal. hopefully you'll learn to ride a little safer than that. i've done my share of stupid stuff in traffic but i've cooled that **** out.