View Single Post
Old 04-26-08, 02:10 PM
SSarah
n=x+1

Bikes: 2006 Giant TCR Comp2, 2003 Giant Iguana, Formerly a 1982(?) Allegro Ninja, now known as "the 'Coon", 1999 Cannondale R600

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mellowdave
Red and white is soooooo cliche. Good call going grey. I think matte grey would be too cool, and original. Several companies did Gloss Grey and its just gonna look like a Trek or something. I think if you do the matte grey, you cant go wrong. Its powdercoat youre doing yeah? What kind of decals? I have done a number of matte projects, motorcycles mostly, but I have a buddy going matte black on his truck right now. Its pretty awesome when its done well. Im doing my cross bike in flat black with gloss orange trim.

Really, if the finish is done well, I mean that it is SUPPOSED to be matte, not just unfinished, then its about the same to clean. Its no harder.
I've made/altered a nerdy raccoon design that I'm having someone on ebay custom make into a vinyl "rub on" decal... so no clear background or anything... Having worked with matte stuff, you probably know-- will it stick properly?

This might be the deciding factor.... I want my 'coon bike to match my 'coon tail.