View Single Post
Old 04-28-08, 12:59 AM
umd
Banned

Bikes: Specialized Tarmac SL2, Specialized Tarmac SL, Giant TCR Composite, Specialized StumpJumper Expert HT

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by urbanknight
The course had a center divider coming out of turn 1, so I guessed if there was trouble, it would be there. The crash happened shortly after that, seemingly after we were clear of the turn, which makes me wonder what happened (specifically). Crashes on straights aren't that common. I'm sure it was a lack of inattention, but most likely someone did something to set it off.
I saw someone pushed to the curb on that turn on the prior lap--there were words exchanged but they appeared to have kissed and made up during the remainder of the lap (I could hear them yapping). I had a bad feeling coming into that turn again and then bam, riders parting, guy on the ground. As far as crashes on straights not being common, I dunno, almost all the crashes I've been near have been on straights.

Anyway, I found a pic of your bike in the socal bike gallery, and was able to match it up with the rider looking through our pics. Here you go

More pics