Old 04-29-08, 07:36 PM
Sixty Fiver
Bicycle Repair Man !!!

Bikes: See my sig...

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 67 Post(s)
Liked 129 Times in 96 Posts
The Edmonton Bicycle commuter's Society started from very humble beginnings in 1980 and the old timers tell me that they started working out of a wood heated shop with barely any facilities, tools, and a very limited membership.

Fast froward 28 years and our society has become a well known and rather powerful force in the community to promote cycling and our shop, Bikeworks, is as well equipped as any commercial operation and often has parts no one else has.

Our bike month is held through June and we can boast that during this time when there are many daily events, festivities, and activities, everything that was used was transported by bicycle.

We handle the bike parking at nearly every major festival here and Edmonton really is the festival capital of Canada.

I sit on the board and volunteer as a mechanic and may be stepping down from my board position to run the shop for the summer as a paid employee at out shop where we focus on teaching skills rather than performing repairs for individuals.