View Single Post
Old 04-30-08, 09:17 AM
Rutnick

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by legalize View Post
I liked the trek because it has more travel in the front and I think rear, so I bought it over the stumperelli
I'm a big fan of the new Trek bike. The problem is that so are several others in my group. We already have two EX9s, a EX8, Top Fuel 8, Two 8000s.

I just wanted something different. We've had two of the new designs have broken derailer hangers in the field and the shops don't exactly stock them.

With the Stumpy, I'm not going to have yet another bike the same color scheme in the group. I ordered a spare derailer hanger from Specialized for $14 that will go in my backpack.

The specialized already has a horst link and that's what the new EX8 and 9 are trying to imitate anyway. I've ridden the new 8 and 9 and still think they are great bikes. I got a GREAT deal on the stumpy and nobody in my group has one.

We podiumed 7 of 10 riders our last MTB race and 8 of them were on Treks. I was on my Ala Carte HT and another rider was on a Giant HT.

I'm just saying that I still like the EX8 and 9...just wanted something different.

Other bikes and frames I looked at:

Vicious Cycles "The Groove"
Kona "The King"
Rocky Mountain "Element 70"
Santa Cruse "Blur XC"

I picked the Stumpy basically for the price and some of those bikes wouldn't have gotten the frame for what I spent on the whole bike and $ was tight.