devildogmech
YAT-YAS

Bikes: Old Green

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by harleyfrog
devildogmech: I'm with you. I have a 1996 SC2 that has a warped valve cover, a sun roof that doesn't work, and a belt that likes to squeak when it gets wet. It would cost more to fix it than what it's worth. My wife wanted to sell it, but now with the price of gas, she's having second thoughts. And, no, going car-free isn't really an option down here since we are just a month away from the start of hurricane season. However, I am thinking of going car-light so we can save our cars for when the $#!] hits the fan and we need to vacate. Even Lance can't pedal THAT fast. Hopefully, the 2008 season will be fairly benign around here. I'm afraid that another major hurricane hitting us would cause more people to leave and not come back.
See, its not that bad for me... I'm a Mechanic by trade (ducking all the tomatoes thrown from the car free people ) and I like working on cars. But since I'm back in school and working at the ER full time (Nursing student) I have 0 time.... I ran a compression test on the car, and they were all equal, so it doesnt look like a bad head.... Just looks like some bad valve seals . More work than I want to do

Oh well.... it gets 30+ mpg. With leather interior and ONE electric mirror I think its worth saving.... again.

Billy
"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently and die gallantly. Specialization is for insects." -Robert A. Heinlein