Double Naught Spy

Bikes: 2010 Scott CR1 Comp, 2013 Scott Scale 960 MTB

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Pedal Pittsburgh (May 18, 2008)

www.pedalpittsburgh.org

Come on out, and give it a try. You'll be surprised how scenic, and low on vehicle traffic this ride actually is. There are routes for all ability levels from 6 to 60 miles. The 6 mile route is an asphalt rail trail ride thru the city's historic Southside, which used to be the location of many steelmills. The 15 mile route takes you along the same trail (actually all routes start going up that trail), but then crosses the Monogahela River. Once on the other side you will ride another trail (also asphalt) to the city. The ride then turns into, and thru downtown Pittsburgh (very low traffic Sunday), and over to the Northside across the Allegheny River. The ride then returns via Pittsburgh back to the start. This is a very flat easy 15 mile ride.

Hills you say, then you'll want to try any of the other routes. While the 25, & 35 mile rides have hills, they are not all that bad climb wise. For those wanting more hills, I would suggest either the 50, or 60 milers. All of the 25 to 60 mile rides will wind you around the outer neighborhoods of Pittsburgh. Leading you by The Pittsburgh Zoo, or to the fantastic views of the city from Mount Washington.

I usually ride one of the mid mileage routes (25 & 35), mostly because I want to get back, and enjoy the after ride activities. Lunch being my favorite. Simply put, it's the best lunch I've ever had at any organized ride anywhere. Add that to some music, and it makes for a nice relaxing way to end the event.

Anybody wanting any further info on the longer rides feel free to ask. I will do my best to answer.

Denny