PT-muter
nooby

Bikes: Trek 7.3

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Dueling with Mail Carrier

On the way home last afternoon I'm climbing a light grade on a suburban street, and about 75 yds. ahead I see a mail van stopped at a mail box. I look ahead and see that he's gonna be weaving back and forth into the two lane road to get around the curbside cars to deliver to the mailboxes. Normally these guys move at a pretty good clip, so I kinda slow even more (after the steeper grade I just climbed) hoping that he'll get on with his business - but of course he's still at the same box when I pull alongside (maybe checking out the latest Victoria's Secret catalog?) and sure enough he zips out when I get in line with his rear bumper!

Luckily I was ready for such a move and no cars were coming up behind and he backs off once he realizes I'm there. He pulls in to the next box, I move back to the right of the lane, and from there it's a game of tag with him blowing by me, me passing him while he's delivering, until I decide screw it, it's my lane and he can work around the slow cyclist!...at least until I take my side street a few seconds later.

Anyway, just another thing to watch out for out there.