View Single Post
Old 10-09-04, 07:35 PM
cyclingute
The cycling student.

Bikes: Orbea XLR8R, C-dale Caad4 Aero TT.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by MelloBoy
went to performance bike and found rollers for $80 new so i went ahead and bought it. didn't think i'd need the elliptical drums...

boy was i wrong...in a period of 30 min, i managed to fall like 15 times, bruised my right forearm, broke a tv stand while trying to grab onto something as i was falling, scared my dog into hiding underneath the couch and got a complaint from a neighbor who heard me crashing those 15 times...

i managed to stay on the rollers for at most 5 min at a time and i was twitching the whole time while trying to pedal smoothly

how the hell do you guys do it????

melloboy
ROTFLMAO!!! Boy does that remind me of when I first started riding rollers. I knocked out the corner of a wall, scraped a wall with my pedal as I fell. Got laughed at by my wife. (She wasn't doing any better, so I think it may have been laughing with me.....but then again...).

As you've heard practice young Jedi, and start in a hallway or doorway. Now that I have experience I can have a chair next too me to prop me up until I get moving. Try not to do what I do, on an alarming regularity, don't get so into a race video, that you follow the group around a corner. I've been know to fall on my face doing that; scares the hell out of the dogs with me going one way and the bike the other. Makes my wife nervous too.

Rollers will make you a much better rider, you'll hold your line much better in the near future.

Keep it up.