Thread: Mixte update
View Single Post
Old 05-02-08, 06:55 PM
stringbreaker
stringbreaker

Bikes: specialized crossroads hybrid 2006 Raleigh Cadent 2 1971 Schwinn Varsity, 1972 Schwinn Continental, 1977 Schwinn Volare (frame)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Mixte update

Mrs. Stringbreaker and I braved the Friday afternoon traffic on South hill to visit Ken's powdercoating in the Fredrickson area. I had not held much hope we would find the color she was envisioning. BUT they had the color its called Granny Smith green with adams gold top coat. Its a 2 step process and has a metallic fleck in it. They always spray the colors on a tin can so you can see what it actually looks like on a curved surface. we took it out in the light and there was enough sun that it really shows the metallic in there. So she is happy with the color and all I have to do now is strip the frame and get the nicks out so it will be smooth as glass when we get it back. Will post photos of the frame when its done