Old 05-03-08, 05:17 PM
TurboTurtle
NeoRetroGrouch

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by hyunelan2
I have a 2 month old road bike, with about 125 miles on it. Last week I got a new floor pump, my previous pump did not have a gauge on it, so I probably never fully inflated the tires.

I got the new pump, filled up the tires to 125psi and everything seemed fine. The next morning, flat front tire. I pulled the tuve and inspected it, puncture in the inner part of the tube. Replaced tube, only to have the same thing happen. I could not find why this was happening. Put in a 3rd tube - no problems.

Went for a ride, all was well. Parked the bike. The next day, flat rear tire. Same mystery as to why it's flat.

All I can guess is the rubber-band type rim strips are not thick enough to protect the tube from spoke ends at full PSI? Should I get some thicker cloth/other rim strips? Am I doing something wrong?
First, unless you weigh a bunch or are racing on a velodrome, you have way too much pressure.

If the hole is on the inside of the tube, the most likely answer is the tape. Find the holes and see if they are in the same place and where that is (measure from the valve hole). Is the tape frayed here? Pulled to one side? Does the tube looked bulged around the hole like it expanded down into a spoke hole? Are there two holes (snake bite)?

TF