Old 05-03-08, 07:39 PM
Houston_Biker

Bikes: Litespeed Saber, Fuji Team LE

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by chinotex
I had a great time... 5th is d@mn good! I'm pleased as heck that I had at least 14 people finish after I did It's an improvement from my last race in New Braunfels, when I was 3rd from last.

I had fun in the pack while I was there... I lasted until the first lap at the finish line hill. I was the guy who coasted past everyone else going down the hill, and then got passed by EVERYONE on the way back up. I was getting frustrated in the pack going down the hills, having to tap the brakes every few seconds, but I guess that's what I get for not getting rid of my beer belly yet.

The sprint to the finish line was killer (even though I was so far back). I passed one guy about 2 miles before the finish, and he was with me up until the sprint... I was working really hard to beat him, because at that point I didn't know if I was the last one or not -- I only found out later, while I was trying not to pass out from the sprint up the hill, that there were so many people behind me.

Anyone going to the Sugar Land crit tomorrow? I was planning on going to watch the P,1,2's at 1030. (I've never done a crit before, and want to see one first so I can understand what I'd be getting into). It would probably be a good idea for me to watch the 5's, but that's at 7 AM and there's no way I'm getting down to Sugar Land by 7.
I am racing in the 4/5 tomorrow. Yep, it's early!

I will be my first crit! Wish me luck.

Steve