Old 10-10-04, 10:31 AM
toomanybikes

Bikes: Too Many

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Man, this brings back memories.

Years ago when I was younger I lived in an apartment n Vancouver, used to plunk the rollers out on the balcony and ride out there. It was real nice with the Balcony up top so I had a roof but I was outside so cooler.

Anyway, one time in 1986 I'm riding the rollers one night and I hear this wierd noise but I can't figure ouut what it is, so I keep riding but now I'm starting to look around, sit up , etc. Wierd noise but can't figure it out. Thought maybe something was wrong with the stereo so I take the headphones off but now the noise is louder and closer!!

I look over my shoulder and the damn Goodyear Blimp is hovering up over the back alley and as I looked at it they turned on a light - bastards were watching me! Well, I was so freaked by this Blimp I completely lost it just went sailing off the side of the rollers - damn I'm glad that railing was high!

The day I moved out of that apartment there was still a big black streak on the deck from the heel of my cleats.

1986 - the year Expo came to Vancouver.

I was a lot more careful about riding rollers on the balcony after that, let me tell you.