Old 05-05-08, 09:07 PM
w2brdbkr

Bikes: Raleigh SC30

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Top speed

I didn't work today, had an eye appointment & dentist appointment so when I was done I decided to go do a hill climb since it sounds like I'll be doing that Weds evening & this next weekend.

I did this same trip a month ago but it was so windy I had to pedal downhill just to get some type of speed. Well tonight there was no wind & I didn't have to worry about going fast.

OMG Carter Lake on the north end is scary steep & at the bottom there is a curve, which I wasn't to worried about but when I got closer I noticed some gravel.

I had looked to make sure there was no one coming so if I needed I could go into the other lane, which ended up being a good thing. Made it thru the curve without any trouble, since I was using my brake a little closer to the turn then I wanted to I did get a little shimmy in the bike.

After I got thru the turn & up the little hill to the next road I looked to see what my max speed was. The fastest I've done before tonight was 41 mph but I finally broke 50 with 52.4 mph!!!!

I do remember thinking to myself coming down the hill; self if you crash at these speeds it is REALLY going to hurt. I know this old man won't heal like he used to.

Anyway had a good time & yes I'll probably do it again.