View Single Post
Old 05-08-08, 11:56 AM
TR909

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by nayr497
Is it possible to live in Chelsea and be buying a stock Capo and not be a tad bit "hip"?

Also, what do you mean adjusted your brake? You mean turned the barrel adjuster? You might be a hipster if...

Why are you swapping stuff out without riding it? You have been reading the forums too much. Ride your bike until it doesn't work, then replace parts. Sugino 75s. Yeah, you definitely need and notice $200 worth of stiffness if you can't do any of your own work...

On another note, you just learned a good lesson about cycling and the LBS: many mechanics are total d-bags. There are a few great, cool, helpful ones, and plenty of dudes who sport serious 'tude and assume anyone asking them a question is totally clueless. This is the incentive that will inspire you to buy your own tools and do you own work.

Wow, easy there champ. I don't live in Chelsea actually, I live in alphabet city but thanks for inferring that my neighborhood determines my persona. It is actually possible to live in an apt for it's proximity to your job and reasonable rent price. I've been riding a beat up Fuji Track until the capo and simply wanted to swap my parts from it onto the bike. I was only interested in the FRAME to begin with but the price difference wasn't enough to not just spring for an extra set of beater wheels and cranks. Also, thanks for the lesson in bicycle mechanics, my post if you had read it clearly instead of getting ready to blow your "noob" load all over your keyboard was actually about finding a decent, helpful mechanic. One of my buddies in bk is, heavens to betsy, a real life bicycle mechanic who will definitely be showing me how to do things the right way as I get along. Forgive this poor ******* for wanting to ride a bike he paid over $800 for the way he liked from the start. kthnxbai.