Lucky 47

Bikes: 2005 Specialized Allez Elite

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by calikid2006
Thanks for the help guys.

As for the core strengh, I dont think thats the problem, I can bench press well over 300 pounds and can power clean and press about 250 pounds.

My seat is just about level with the top of my handlebar, which is where my legs get close to full extension.

I have tried stretching etc. but it still hurts, again i feel like I am looking up while I ride.

Higher stem?
Core strength has absolutely nothing to do with bench press. It has to do with the abs (especially transversus abdominus) and lower back, glutes and hammies. Your posture is critical to pain free cycling (and living, and working, and...) Do glute bridges, bird dogs, back extensions, planks. Stretch your psoas.

Your "pushing" muscles (any kind of pressing exercise) are overdeveloped compared to your "pulling" muscles. Consequently, you probably round out your back and shrug your shoulders when you ride, which burns out your upper traps and projects your head too far forward. You need to keep your scaps back and down, so do rowing lifts to work on rhomboids and mid traps, and build your true neck stabilizer muscles (longus colli.) Keep your back straight when you ride (pivot at the hip). Again, search on this subject and look for my earlier posts.