View Single Post
Old 05-11-08, 08:27 PM
cslone
Quarq shill

Bikes: 08 Felt F4, 05 Fuji Team SL, 08 Planet X Stealth, 10 Kona Jake the Snake, 03 Giant OCR flat bar.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Yeah, so combine my 190-195lbs with dead legs this weekend and you get the idea. Paced the climb at slightly over threshold and picked up a few riders. Got into a good paceline and were starting to gain time on the main field. Stood up to stretch and cramped terribly. Tried to stretch the hamstring and the quad cramped. Had to get of the bike and massage it out. Humbly rolled across the line. During the TT, I just put it in the 27 and spun. Anytime I would really put power down, I would start to cramp again. Not that I could have gone THAT much faster though. Legs were dead for the crit this morning. Had a teammate in 3rd overall. I took off for the first few laps, Then tried to catch onto the back of the lead/break pack. Held onto them for about 4 laps, then popped. Finished again........humbly.

I sucked this weekend. That is all.

I have never raced this poorly. I knew I sucked at hills, but this was incredibly rediculous. Back to crits, cross and TT's for me.

Props to all those fast hill guys. I don't know how you do it.