Old 05-11-08, 09:21 PM
Takabrash
Frakabrash

Bikes: '03 Marlin

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Big purchase coming up, looking for some opinions!

Hey guys, I posted this in general, but I thought I'd stick it in here too. Seems to be lots of Clyde Surly fans

'm planning to buy a Surly Cross Check Complete next month (yay!) It should be a nice step up from my Gary Fisher Marlin (even though I love it). My questions mostly appear to be about pedals...

1) I use my bike mostly for commuting to school (about 3.4 miles) and then from school to work (almost 4 miles), and recreational rides. I want to get some clipless pedals, but I need some that I can ride without using riding shoes every time. Once I get to campus I ride short spurts between buildings to get to class, and it would really be a pain to switch shoes every time! I'm looking at the Crank Brothers Mallets as my shoe of choice. Would these work for short (<1-2 miles almost always) rides in tennis shoes or Birkenstocks? Anyone have them?

2) I'd also really like to find some shoes that are easy to walk in for when I'm feeling lazy (or just running into a store or something). I've been looking at something like the Pearl Izumi X-Alps (http://www.sierratradingpost.com/p/3...s-For-Men.html). Are shoes that say they're comfortable for walking in actually comfortable? Companies lie

Thanks!