Old 10-12-04, 04:10 PM
bostontrevor
Retrogrouch in Training

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
I got stopped just now on my way home.

Mr. Motorcycle Cop was parked on the left, dude in big green SUV was to his right waiting to turn left at a red. I crept between mr. suv and mr. popo (wits about me at all times, thanks). Paused to consider serene stillness of the red traffic light and went through. The intersection was clear, so whatever.

Midblock past the intersection and I hear the cop on my right. Not sure what he said but I think it was something about "you on the bicycle". See, I was also illegaly wearing my earphones, so I couldn't really hear him. Anyhow, I pulled 'em out and made to pull over thinking how I would be like one of three cyclists to ever actually get cited for running a light. After he paces me for a while, he keeps going. Well I catch up to him at the next stop and he turns to me again and says, "What I said is, 'What's that tattoo on your leg?'"

I told him it was my dog and we chatted about it for a bit. He complimented me on it and left. It was so strange that I hung out there for about 15 more seconds before I realized that it was a stop sign and there were people stopped behind me.