View Single Post
Old 05-12-08, 03:11 PM
atom_bug

Bikes: in the market for a HUGE ONE

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
thanks for the replies guys..to answer a few questions..and ask a few..

1. my budget is around 800-1k.

2. im looking to ride some trails since i do live in the pacific northwest we have TONS of riding trails round here. also i wouldnt mind a ride on the road because i do live in a rural area..very near the country side.

3. i'd like to ride shorter distances at first until my heart rate/fitness level can handle it. eventually working my way up in distance. nothing too long until the knee is properly adjusted to the new repetative movements. nothing marathon distance by any means.

4. i went through three seats on the first bike i ever owned..i would bend them slightly sideways. i figured it had something to do with my weight back then..but im curious if it had to do with product quality and riding style.

5. could the Specialized Hardrock Sport handle someone of my size?

6. is there a recommended online retailer to purchase a bike from..or what would be the preferred method of purchase?...local shop? if i buy locally is there a chance of huge mark-ups?

7. im very mechanically able so is it a better option to build a bike from a pre made frame ..or is taking on too much of a task to build the frame myself?

TIA everyone!

edit: thanks for the FAQ section BCC.