Old 10-13-04, 03:10 AM
vomitron
ya'll can't mush me

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I know, I shouldn't do it. I'm stupid. Why am I wasting perfectly good parts? Becausing tricking out your ride is fun, albeit in an entirely different way from riding.

I have some aluminum cranks (mavic 631's found here ) and a pair of miche primato hubs that I want to paint black.

Any suggestions on how to go about it? I've considered to following:

Spray Painting: A little cheesy. I paid good money for these parts. I don't want to just spray paint them like a lameass

Anodizing: The real problem here is, the parts are already anodized. To re-anodize them myself, I would have to remove the current anodizing then reandodize them, losing some aluminum along the way (which I would imagine, would make a cog and lockring a pain in the balls to thread on, not to mention bearings).

Powder Coating: I can't find anyone who is willing to powder coat single small parts, and those kids are kind of expensive, when you consider what you'll need (a gun, powder, compressor. it's like $300 after everything is said and done).

Chemical Blackeners: There are a few chemical blackeners, similar to Black Oxide (used on steel gun parts, etc), but apparently, they don't work on anodized aluminum. Go figure.

So, any suggestions?

Last edited by vomitron; 10-13-04 at 04:22 AM.