Old 05-15-08, 08:54 AM
sprockets

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I believe BikeFriday does try to provide good customer service. I have had numerous problems with my Pocket LLama and they have always tried to help. Unfortunately they have had limited success. I had bent chain ring issues when ever I flew with the bike. While on vacation they tried to send me a new chain ring. Didn't happen because FedEx screwed it up. The part ended up getting lost and never made it to me, or back to BikeFriday for that matter. I ended up have to pay to have the chain ring bent back while on vacation, wasn't perfectly flat but lasted long enough to make the end of the trip. Got toally bent on the flight back home. The failure of FedEx asn't really BFs fault but the fault of the service they insist on using. I have asked them to use another courier but they will not, I ALWAYS have problems with FedEx.

Their solution to my chain ring problem was to send me a new chain ring when they got the one sent to me on vacation back from FedEx, along with self extracting crank bolts so that I can remove the crank every time I fly. Not the most elegant solution but sometimes you have to deal with the only solution available, I'm cool with that. They sent me a new chain ring months later along with the self extracting crank bolts, but only after I had to call them back and remind them that I still had a very expensive (by my standards) bike that was unrideable. Unfortunately I was sent no instructions on how to remove the cranks or install the bolts. I have removed cranks on older bikes before but my crank puller didn't fit this bike. I have decided that I am probably better off relying on my own ability to figure out how to fix the bike than call up BikeFriday anymore.

One thing I have noticed is that they are particularly bad at returning phone calls. I've called on several occasions and for what ever reason had to get them to call me back. More often than not I was the one who had to call them back. They are helpful when you can get a hold of them but not returning phone calls really sends a message that they don't really give a crap what happens to you and your bike. maybe that's not their attitude, but it is the message that's sent.

My point is that I think they have some knowledgable people there, and their hearts are in the right place, but I think they have some real issues about being able to deliver good customer service. That being said, at least they will try to provide you with customer service, which is more than I can say for some other companies.