View Single Post
Old 05-15-08, 09:13 AM
adebrunner

Bikes: Sanwa road bike with SunTour components. Gary Fisher Joshua F1 with XTR

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
There's nothing you can do besides get pissed off. I'm a mild-mannered guy almost all of the time. Just reading about this, though, is enraging me. This guy has such disrespect for other people that I truly believe that getting off the bike, ripping open his door, slapping him in the face and giving him a wedgie would do him some good. It's easy to say, "You were the bigger man." (which you were, and it's commendable) but it's still doesn't help the "walked on" feeling that you get what that happens. The only thing that I can think is to tell you that he would be happy if he knew he ruined your day, so be happy and don't give him that. In the future, it's not a bad idea, or illegal (that I know of) to write down a license plate number (or remember it if possible) and file a complaint formally with the police. I read about a cyclist who can access names and addresses from license plates and he uses that information at his own discretion. I don't necessarily suggest this, but hey, do what you want. When I had a similar situation at a red light, I pulled in front of the offender and controlled the lane. Probably not a good idea, but I was pretty sure, though she was angry, she wasn't going to try to kill me with her car. Hope you can relax today.