View Single Post
Old 05-16-08, 11:26 AM
sean000

Bikes: Rivendell Atlantis, Kogswell P58, 1988 Pinarello, Rivendell Wilbury (my wife's bike)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I had to drive... on Bike-to-Work Day

I had to drive today

Why? Too many newbs on the road!

Just kidding... I have to pick up a family member at the airport immediately after work. I thought about cramming him into one of those kiddie trailers, but that's no way for an 80-year-old to travel. Oh well, at least my wife and I carpooled to the office. We just have the one car and our offices are only blocks away from each other. Still, two things made this difficult:

1. The high today in the Puget Sound area is going to hit the 80s for the first time this year. It's sunny, warm, and just perfect. Bike to Work Day or not, this is a perfect day for a bicycle ride.

2. Driving along the road past dozens of bicycles made me feel like I was missing out. It even made me feel a little like a traitor, even though I know that I routinely bike to work far more often than most of the Bike-To-Work-Day participants... many of whom only bike to work on special occasions... kind of like the way our family went to church only on the religious holidays when I was growing up

My coworkers are used to seeing my bicycle parked next to my desk, so of course everybody is like... "Where is your bike? Don't you know it's Bike to Work Day?" Oh well, at least I'll be on the bicycle again next week, when the weather is expected to turn cool and rainy of course :-p

- Hope your BTWD is as beautiful as the one we have here.

Sean