Wogster

Bikes: Old Bike: 1975 Raleigh Delta, New Bike: 2004 Norco Bushpilot

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Originally Posted by bcc
wheels?

I'm having that problem too - I could do with something a bit offroadier - my day off ride on wednesday was fun but hard work and skittish. My legs still ache - my commute today felt like I was adding aches on aches

I like 'stable' - not so sure the wife will though!
Well, I discovered a new shop locally, they take old clunker bikes (80% are steel framed roadies), clean them up, tune them up, and resell them, nice thing is, you can buy one of there bikes for around $50, and rent their shop space and tools for $6/hr and buy some used (or even new) parts from them as well, so it wouldn't be hard to get a decent bike for around $100 or so.... I gotta get something for the little misses ( Athena ) first, I need to start her off slow though (I want an inexpensive one, in case she doesn't get addicted (here's hoping)). Wondering if a road bike wouldn't be best, get the bars tops up nice and high, then as she improves, she can start using the drops, and we can lower the bars as she gets better at it. Looking at most of the bikes they had there, most really don't need much work, wheels trued, new rubber, some adjustments, and a good cleaning. I think most of them are bikes that sat in garages for a few, okay maybe more then a few years.....