Old 05-17-08, 07:51 PM
Road Bike Guy
Feel free to keep pulling

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
The new bike search begins

I think I have finally given in to temptation and have decided to start looking for a new bike to replace my '04 Specialized Allez Elite as my main ride and I'd like to get some suggestions on what to investigate further based on the following factors:
  1. I'm mostly interested in a bike that will serve me well in fast group ride situations although I have been known to do a crit or two each year.
  2. Typical mileage is 100-150 miles a week. That may go up if I can fit more time in to ride
  3. I am interested in doing more century rides and doing them at a good clip so long ride comfort and efficiency is important.
  4. I enjoy climbing and have a fair amount of hills around here and the North Georgia Mtns are only an hour away so a good climbing/descending bike is important.

Budget is definitely under $3500 and I'd really like to purchase a new bike, not used. I'm not loyal to any one brand. I really haven't looked at any bikes in the last couple of years because I was afraid that as soon as I rode a nice bike, I'd buy it. So I am pretty much an open book at this point, although the new Cervelo RS looks real nice but maybe too expensive

So, what bikes can I add to the list?