View Single Post
Old 05-18-08, 12:33 AM
mrbubbles
?

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Since you are new to this deal. Most shops in Greater Vancouver are oriented towards selling customers with bikes and as much accessories as possible and hoping to never to deal with warranty and tune up issue ever.

Basically, shops in Vancouver is hit-and-miss, you'll get fantastic service sometimes and sometimes you won't. There are every few shops I recommend because most of them sell junks. I had a manager told me the recurring problems with one of their popular bikes and why it sucks, I asked him why he was still selling them, he told me, they bring in a lot of money through mechanical issues and adjustments.

Good bike shop for a road bike is Campione, decent price in town, better than La Bicicletta. The owner Giuseppe Cramerotti, is super nice and real easy to talk to. I had a half an hour chat with him when I stop by to pick up a replacement part.

Another one is Dream Bike, depending on how busy the shop is at times, the owner Darren, will fix your bike on the spot. Mostly niche parts, his price is less than MSRP most of the time.

I'm not going to bash bike shops on a public forum other than saying I dislike the shop. If you want more info, you can PM me.