View Single Post
Old 05-19-08, 03:46 PM
noisebeam
Arizona Dessert

Bikes: Cannondale SuperSix, Lemond Poprad. Retired: Jamis Sputnik, Centurion LeMans Fixed, Diamond Back ascent ex

Mentioned: 76 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5345 Post(s)
Liked 2,169 Times in 1,288 Posts
Originally Posted by dogbreathpnw
It's the d---ed camera sensors that I have a problem with; they're supposed to be better for bikes than the inductive sensors....NOT!!!!
There is only one camera activated signal that I cross once/week each way. It is by far my favorite intersection because not only does it detect me (day, dusk, night, rain) but it does so I don't even need to stop as the light changes just as I approach the intersection. It has never failed over 100 times.
A cycling friend told me it doesn't work for him bu it turned out that if one rides very far to the right (on the stripe between thru and RTOL) it doesn't detect - which makes sense as the light does not need to change if a vehicle is in the RTOL due to RTOR permitted by law.

There is so rarely fog here (once per year in the desert) that that is not a concern.

I know there are often (understandable) complaints about video detect, but whatever system and set up was done for this intersection should be a model for others.

Al