Old 10-15-04, 12:04 PM
hlweyl

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by midwestmntnbkr
Personally I would NEVER wear anything that displayed POLICE on it. You might as well paint a bullseye on yourself for all the thugs and criminals to shoot at.

How stupid is this anyway. Maybe you live in a place where police are loved by all, but here in the real world most people despise the police. I don't have a terrific hatred for them myself, but the general population does not like them for the most part.

The other point brought up about being pulled over by someone thinking you are a cop is a very good one. Then what do you say ....uhhhhh duh I am not a cop I can't help you ahhhhh.

Gee you look real inteligent then.

To each his own, but I sure don't think it's a wise choice.
The point of the post is that I think that the type of motorist inclined to swerve, throw, etc will be less likely to if they think there is a chance that the biker is a cop. That is my opinion, I could be wrong.

However the way you come across, calling me stupid and the uhhh duh I take as an attack. I don't know whether or not you meant it that way, but you should consider your language. Or you might be one of these tough guys only behind your keyboard.