Old 05-27-08, 10:59 AM
No_Minkah
YOU ARE NOW TUNED IN

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by No_Minkah
Here's my freshly-dipped Track Pro. I've had it for more than a year, but it's got new paint/PC and some new parts. The PC was done by Winning Colors in New Lenox IL, (great work BTW) and the fork was done by Duane at Chester Cycles. I have CC Volos too, but there are Miche/Fusion clinchers on there now. I still have to re-glue the tubies.

[/IMG]
Hey, I didn't check back here recently, so, to respond:

Originally Posted by trons
like the fork on that ftp. maybe if it matched the rest of the bike...
I wanted to add some color to an otherwise blue-collar track iron. Plus, they're team colors. I agree it's kind of dissonant. I dunno.

Originally Posted by Ill Mitch
The chainstay on my FTP doesn't look like that.

EDIT: the head tube and track ends are also different from mine, what year is yours?
Originally Posted by BMonei
Companies use to place dents in the chain stays to avoid frame damage when bikes were crashed. The flex from the cranks would cause it to slam directly into the chain stay, cracking it. Cannondale did the same thing for years.

Not sure why they stopped or if that's the case with the FTP.
It's a 2004 FTP. I didn't know why they made that dent in the chainstay, now I do I guess. I had sorta assumed it was to help with the pedal clearance, I guess not. As for the dropouts, Fuji made some messed-up inset track ends, so I had to a machinist friend make some new inserts.

Before:

Originally Posted by Gyeswho
maybe it's a raleigh
It's not a Raleigh

Originally Posted by goldenskeletons
hey, when they stripped the paint on your fuji, did then find a lot of bondo on the downtube? possibly covering up a large dent? or a "structural inconsistency" if you will?

...just curious.
No, it was there before.