View Single Post
Old 05-27-08, 01:09 PM
Torrilin

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by bab2000
Just wondering now, how many LBS's have bike rack at there stores?, I know of two in town that does not, and one that does.
Willy Bikes has 2 wheelbenders by the main entrance of their West Side location (I haven't been to their other location, so I don't know what those racks are like). Budget has wheelbenders by the main entrance of every location. Yellow Jersey does not provide their own rack, since there are two city provided racks (modern spec) in front of their building. They're on a street that is bike/ped/city bus only, and all the racks are city provided. Machinery Row provides 2 modern spec racks by the main entrance. REI provides a covered wave rack for the general public, and I know they've got some kind of enclosed arrangement for employees. I'm not sure about the other LBS in Madison, and there may be a co-op type shop that I haven't visited.

The shops with wheelbenders are more than happy for you to bring your bike inside if you're not comfortable with the rack.

Madison has a bike parking requirement and official rack guidelines tho. And the bike shops make a point of complying, since a *lot* of their business walks or rides to the shop... along with the employees.