Old 05-27-08, 02:30 PM
mjolniir

Bikes: MTB,Road,Tri

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Wogsterca
Just thinkin' here, I wonder why we don't wrap MTB bars, especially those with bar ends, would look better then an ugly rubber grip that has been hacked to install the bar ends. a piece of bar tape could be put over the MTB bar end, then wrap starting at the end of the bar end, down to the bar, and along...... Makes me wonder if I should buy some bar tape, a few plugs and start a trend.... Just trying to figure put how to deal with the bar end - bar joint, anyone have any ideas.....
I taped up the bar ends on my MTB. Its more of a commuter anyway. And the end result is more 'fred' than 'OCP'

I just started from the end of the extensions as I would on drops, and the right angle at the join is handled a little like the brake lever on a set of drops. You place a little extra tape over the join and do a little criss cross thing. (I'm sure my explanation makes no sense at all)

I wouldn't be investing in new tape for this, I'd just reuse old road bar tape. If you're like me, you'll wear out the road bar tape on the tops and not in the drops. You'll use less tape on the MTB. Remove the tape from the road bike, discard the worn out portion, and use the remainder to tape your MTB bars.