Old 05-29-08, 05:57 AM
drafters65

Bikes: 02' Fuji Team, 85' Miyata ninety SS, 18' Citizen Rome

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Question about my crankset

hey guys, my bike is a 06 specialized rockhopper comp (specs:http://www.specialized.com/bc/SBCBkM...006&spid=21740), Ive been doing alot of searching and reading alot on making my bike alittle more road oriented since im from nyc and i doubt im ever going to hit the trails. I know that the best option is to just get a road bike but im kinda attached to this bike and my apt can only fit one. Ive already switched to 1.5 tires and im planning to swap out the suspension for kona project 2s since i always lock it out anyways (plus i get to save some weight up front). The next plan is to swap out the cassette for a roadie's and get a 48/36/26 crankset upfront...then further down the road ill probably swap the riser to a drop bar and MAYBE swap the 26" to probably the mavic speedcitys with the brake adjuster adapters.

questions:

I know that the cassette shouldnt be a problem aslong as i stick to a 9 speed but is replacing the RD recommended?

Am I able to just replace the individual crankrings instead of replacing the whole crankset?

Is there a 26" wheelset that will allow me to fit road thin tires?

lemme thank everyone in advance for their help on this topic and please any advice besides "just get a road bike" would be greatly appreciated. thanks again =)