chipcom 
Infamous Member

Bikes: Surly Big Dummy, Fuji World, 80ish Bianchi

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Torrilin
If my partner and I are riding together and I get caught in his draft, I'll get a solid speed increase off it. I have to actively brake, coast, and gear down to avoid hitting his wheel. He's a big guy and is very easy to draft. It takes a fair bit of effort to avoid his draft zone if I just drop back.

If you're doing a slow or close pass, it will make it easy for the other riders to catch your draft. Even if they're slower, they have to be a *lot* slower to lose the draft once they've caught it. (or they have to be smart enough to know that drafting a stranger is a Bad Plan)
Somebody gets it.

If you don't want someone to latch on to your wheel as you pass, swing wide and attack until you have a good gap between you, then resume your pace (which should have been faster than the other feller in the first place). Then he/she is either gonna remain dropped, or work their butt off to close the gap to catch your wheel. If they do manage to bridge and then refuse to work with you, simply sit up and let them go on their merry way, or attack and again and drop them for good.
"Let us hope our weapons are never needed --but do not forget what the common people knew when they demanded the Bill of Rights: An armed citizenry is the first defense, the best defense, and the final defense against tyranny. If guns are outlawed, only the government will have guns. Only the police, the secret police, the military, the hired servants of our rulers. Only the government -- and a few outlaws. I intend to be among the outlaws" - Edward Abbey