View Single Post
Old 05-31-08, 09:40 AM
Yen
Surly Girly

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
mechBgon -- I've been reading your pages and recommendations for securing a home PC and I must say I'm impressed, but overwhelmed! You recommend Vista yet I've seen a host of negative comments about it (in addition, my employer has not yet approved it for use at work). I'd like a simple setup for our computer that provides optimal security and is easy to maintain without a lot of configuration.

My mom just started on-line banking and I've asked her to not use that until we (Hubby and me) make sure her computer has the important security measures. She'll need something simple to maintain.

I also prefer to keep things simple. You recommend products I don't see or read about often. It's hard to know whom to trust! All the choices lead me back to where we are now -- stuck with Norton the CPU hog, Ad-Aware, and ZoneAlarm firewall.

Hubby wants to get the ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite (firewall + AV+spyware protection). We already use ZoneAlarm firewall and like it so far -- MUCH more than Norton's.