Old 05-31-08, 01:42 PM
j4gitr
a long tall rider

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by dannyg1
I've got to say that there's a frustrating disconnect between real world pricing and what many BF members consider 'absolute' pricing. Clean Raleigh Wyoming's go on Ebay for $150-200 all the time. Alyeska's sell for far more, like this $473 sample just did:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Raleigh-Alyeska-...QQcmdZViewItem

Danny
I actually considered this bike. This was my first exposure to this model so I started to do some investigation too late. It certainly looked more appealing after the auction closed than before. So I continued to pursue this style bike as an option when I came across a shop in Maryland with the 25" for $800. I should ask if the bike in question has significant upgrades to make it worthy of his asking price. The question becomes then what are the upgrades worth. We probably could go on for hours. My struggle continues to be size. I would love to convince myself to lay down the cash for a Rivendell, but I wonder if I did if I would want to expose such a pretty machine to the elements. A bike is meant for riding as a guitar is meant for playing. If I didn't take my guitars out and play them, then how would I enjoy them? Perhaps I should consider the same as it comes to a bike. I have a 100cm PBH which according to the Rivendell site would put me on a bike with a 72cm. That sounds crazy to me, but I wouldn't mind finding a 27" Schwinn frame for a trial.
I continue to search for advice and a steed.