View Single Post
Old 06-01-08, 03:43 PM
Tom Bombadil
His Brain is Gone!

Bikes: RANS Stratus, Bridgestone CB-1, Trek 7600, Sun EZ-Rider AX, Fuji Absolute 1.0, Cayne Rambler 3

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Just got back from short but beautiful ride of 14 miles. Couldn't get out until 3 and had a commitment at 5, so it had to be short. Perfect day of near 80 degrees, light breeze, many Spring flowers still in bloom. I took my bent this time and was able to maintain a steady 14 mph pace on a paved MUP. I've never been able to do that on the bent before. The ride even had a couple of hlls in it.

After too much inactivity this year, I've gotten in 4 rides over the past 8 days. Starting to feel much better now. Grand total mileage was only 96, but that's a big step up from where I've been since last October.

Got back and celebrated with a big slice of "sugar-free" cherry pie, that I purchased from an Amish booth at the local Farmer's Market. It was delicious.

There are two types of road bikers: bikers who are faster than me, and me. Bruce Cameron - Denver Post