View Single Post
Old 06-03-08, 07:22 PM
ultraman6970

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
HI, that picture is not from a C-record aka record-c aka record cobalt. The picture u have in there is a campagnolo record 2001/2005 maybe just one generation before campy came with carbon cranksets.

The campagnolo Record C uses a non symetrical BB which is 111 mms or 110 mm in lenght. Probably it is the same BB the Campagnolo Record Pista crankset uses, which is just 111 mms in lenght non symetrical.

Now, if you are talking about the campagnolo record crankset, yes the lenght of the axle is 102 mms. If you want to use that in a fix gear I would do this better, get a token 102 iso tapper that is way cheaper than the philwood for sure. The TOken is cheap but is good stuff, i been running one for 4 years and no problems. Then put the chainring in the inner position. Option number two, leave it as it is, and use a spacer in the sproket, u can run a 3+ mms spacer w/o any problem. That will straight up the chain line a little bit more but if you have sort of wide hubs like the campy ones or maybe the miche ones probably u wont even need an spacer or adjust a single thing because it should work just fine. Those 41, 44 mms chainline "its not a rule" all depends of your set up. Usually chains can work just fine with 3 or 4 mms off difference. I have run fix gear with usual 6 sp road wheels no spacers and the chain in the small chainwheel position, the chain worked just fine (road bike anyways) Which wheels are u using anyways?

Good luck