Old 06-05-08, 12:10 PM
Barrettscv 
Have bike, will travel

Bikes: Ridley Helium SLX, Canyon Endurance SL, De Rosa Professional, Eddy Merckx Corsa Extra, Schwinn Paramount (1 painted, 1 chrome), Peugeot PX10, Serotta Nova X, Simoncini Cyclocross Special, Raleigh Roker, Pedal Force CG2 and CX2

Mentioned: 46 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 910 Post(s)
Liked 288 Times in 158 Posts
Originally Posted by deraltekluge
Are you sure about that 2000 calories? If it's true, you'd probably gain about a pound a week cycling 20 miles a day and eating 3200 calories. Continue with the 2000 calories, and cycle 20 miles, and you'll probably lose about a pound a week. 1200 calories/day is equivalent to about a pound of fat every three days.

If you want to lose weight, eat less and/or exercise more. Exercising more, and then eating more to make up for it is not a formula for weight loss.
This topic is starting multiple disputes .

First, I stated that my sedentary calorie burn was 2000.

I've lost 30 lbs in 2 months while consuming 2200 calories and working out at the YMCA for 1 hour every other day.

I'm simply going to eat healthy foods in moderation and track if I lose weight by commuting alone. If I'm not losing weight, I'll have to count calories (at the minimum) to achieve my target weight of 200#.

Michael