Old 06-05-08, 09:19 PM
Murrays
Mad Town Biker

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SSP
CycliStats is a part-time labor of love for me...I have a full-time day job, bikes to ride and race, and a new girlfriend (yeah!), so finding time for new features and platforms is a big challenge. I've looked into what it would take to port it to the Mac OS, but the job is just too large for me to tackle (I estimate it would take about 1000 hours, plus thousands of dollars in new tools and hardware).

Fortunately, newer Macs are based on Intel chips. Thus, Mac users are no longer restricted to running only native Mac OS programs...they can now (finally!) run most Windows programs, including CycliStats.

I've gotten positive feedback and kudos from quite a few satisfied customers who are running CycliStats on their Macs using the "Windows-on-MacOS" option. If your Mac is a newer one, this may be an option for you.
Oh, I don't fault you for not supporting Macs natively and I'm just fine with my bike logs in Excel (been doing it for 20 years).

Now, you might want to put those skills to use porting your software to an iPhone

-murray