Old 10-20-04, 02:47 PM
DnvrFox
Banned.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 12 Times in 10 Posts
Originally Posted by Stacy
Sorry about the mix up and my apologies to your wife.

Granted I have no idea whether Ooldietandem's wife asked him to post here but, I'd be a bit bothered if my spouse began posting messages of this nature on a public forum. And, I don't understand why this might be better fitted for the Women's Forum if oldietandem doesn't have access.

Stacy
As I see it, the purposes of forums is to have a central place where people of the same interests join together, particularly as the BFN gets larger and larger. I used to read all the posts on all the forums - that is impossible for me now.

I have monitored the 50+ forum carefully. Generally, there are 8 or fewer folks viewing at any one time, and those folks are almost entirely males with 3 exceptions. Therefore, it is most unlikely that many women would see a post about urinary incontinence on the 50+ forum, leaving but a few responses, as we have seen already.

However, it would be my guess (I have no clue how many women access the women's forum, as it is a secret) that a lot of women would see such a post on the women's forum, and provide a broader range of responses, which oldietandem could then forward to his wife.

Makes sense to me, otherwise, why do we have forums?