Thread: Toronto Fixed
View Single Post
Old 06-06-08, 07:58 AM
Flimflam
Raving looney

Bikes: 70s Leader Precision w/Shimano 600 (road), IRO Rob Roy (Fixed)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by MattRennick
urbane has a bunch of different colours of shwalbe stelvios... i've got a new / in box neon green one i'd be happy to part with for what i paid for it...

one thing to think about re: brightly colours tires / fixed gear riding... you're likely to go through tires (rear, specifically) a lot faster... fancy coloured tires tend to be a) more expensive and b) less durable... stick to black or grey, you'll be happy you did.
Definitely my experience, I've skip/skidded through two tyres in only 2000kms of riding, both "blue" and in 23c. A Vredestein Fortezza SE and a Hutchinson Flash, the Vredestein on my front wheel is still perfect. I'm holding out for some Rubino Pros in the future, but for now I have some kevlar Conti ultra sport cheapos to throw on. I've spent way too much on tyres recently

That being said, I have a few blue tyres if you want to recover my cost for them (fine for front usage, I wouldn't recommend back unless you're never going to skip/skid).

Bummer Stuart - can you get yourself a cruiser bike, any bike is better than none!