View Single Post
Old 06-06-08, 12:10 PM
derath

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by BarracksSi
Then again, both of those options would be defeating the purpose of the Smart car. Renting a pickup truck means guzzling gas, and having home delivery (which is what I thought he was going to do) just sends another gas guzzler out there.

I'd add a #3, I saved so much money in gas with the Smart car I could afford to not buy the floor model.
1. Renting the occasional truck to pick up large and bulky items is still better than owning a Hummer. Renting a small truck just for a short time such as this, the extra gas used would be negligable (Unless you are going out of state for furniture or something)

2. Busses and other mass transit are gas guzzlers. But they make it up by moving more people. Similarily getting delivery is still better than picking it up yourself in many cases. That delivery truck will lilkely make a bunch of deliveries in one run. One truck making say, 10 deliveries is gonna be better than 10 people coming individually to pick up their stuff.

But i never said those were great options either. Just a better comparison than what was shown in the video

-D