txvintage
Tilting with windmills

Bikes: Many

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Hey DISDCS,

Collin County here. I know, need to change the location thingy in the profile, but no one except locals knows where Wylie is, lol.

The CL listing for C&V bikes in our area is a bit inflated in my opinion. It seems most people are jumping to the conclusion that any bike they have that 's over 15 years old is automatically worth $200 to someone. That doesn't mean they won't come down, but that seems to be the starting point that I see most often.

Keep an eye on eBay. There is a seller with the store name of Dallas Cycles who is in Little Elm (up by Frisco), that has a couple of bikes a week. They have a lot of 80's era Schwinns, but I've seen a Centurion and a Nishiki in the last couple of weeks from them as well. A big plus is no shipping.

Since you seem willing to entertain the $200-$300 range, there very well may be more choices. Your frame size really helps alot as well. One thing I've noticed is that a lot of C&V bikes that come up seem to be for sale by former NBA players..........where do all these huge step over bikers come from, lol.