View Single Post
Old 06-08-08, 12:10 AM
theetruscan

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Accident
I'll be traveling to Vietnam in three weeks and I've got a substantial layover in Tokyo on the return, from 7:20AM-5:45PM, would anyone think that gives me enough time to take a railway or other transport into the city to visit for the day? I don't speak any Japanese either, so if anyone has a recommendation for accessible places to see, bikeshops would we great and some food to load up before an 18 hour flight, I'd be very appreciative. If anyone has a spare sanrensho and wants to grab some beer and rolls, i'm down!
Count on 1.5 hours travel to Tokyo station each way + 2 hours required for getting back to the airport (unless you can check in before you head out then you can do 1 hour). From Tokyo station, you'd hop the Yamanote line to ?Shibuya? and go see the bike shops around there. I'd assume, if you can get checked in before you leave the airport that you'd have 4 hours to wander the area. There are fun bike shops around there. Lots of fun bike shops around Nakameguro and other areas as well, but nowhere quite as convenient for you that I can think of .