Thread: 50 Mile Day!
View Single Post
Old 06-11-08, 01:39 PM
Fribley

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanks everyone for the support. I will definitely take it easy today I am kinda sore but not really as bad as I thought I would be. I think getting a bit of cycling in today will loosen me up a bit.

Maybe I should have specified a bit. My stock Trek 7100, with its stock saddle/suspension fork wasnt designed to go that far. Or maybe it was the engine, either way I am sure there are hybrids out there that would work very well (i.e. the FX series that I can only drool over but not afford).

I did have a slight bit of knee pain last night, nothing really "painful" just kind of annoying. And it was gone by this morning. should that be expected given how far I went yesterday? Or is there something I should be adjusting. Or maybe I just mashed it to hard sprinting from the dog? I have never noticed the pain before on my 5,12, 25 mile rides, I usually get at least 12 miles a day in.

I did a 102 mile week last week, with a goal of 150 miles this week, so far I am sitting at 75 for monday and tuesday, probably an easy slow relaxing 12 today.

Thanks for reading and any advice!