speedlever
Hills!

Bikes: 2008 Trek Madone 5.5, 2005 Marin Novato, Trek 7100

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 71 Post(s)
Liked 7 Times in 7 Posts
Originally Posted by will dehne
I am trying to help. You know that I did 3,000 miles in 25 days? I did not need feet problems. I am 190# with 73" tall. So compared to you I am overweight. The SIDI MTB shoes are better than other shoes I had. I do need these heavy gel insoles or I feel it. SPD cleats. Cross training is a good thing you know that. Now doing cross training is another story.

I train all the time at 95 RPM and 18 MPH on the flats. HR goes up there but feet are not the issue. I recommend to go with RPM to the 90's from the 80's you are reporting.

The saddle is Terry Liberator Gelissimo. I now have it on three bikes and often go without padded shorts.
Padded shorts give me rash. I suspect it is improper washing in the sink. Using non padded shorts solved the problem along with Antibacterial cream.
Long story short: That saddle is great.
Yup. Read the entire thread. Thanks for the saddle info. I tried a Fly but it didn't fit me very well. I may try that Liberator. No real complaints about my Bontrager saddle.. but want to try something different.

REgarding RPMs... I generally keep the cadence in the 90+ range and look for 100+ on hills. But the hills/headwinds take their toll and my AVG drops to the mid-80s. Yeah, the engine is not yet up to snuff.

When you say you "feel it," are you referring to hot foot issues?