View Single Post
Old 06-12-08, 10:37 PM
la02

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Own personal mini TDF

So I was sitting around tonight after my rain soaked bike ride and i was thinking. This i my first real summer of cycling after starting midway through last summer after I returned from backpacking Europe. Ironically I flew out of London the day after the prolouge. Anyway I was thinking of recreating my very own TDF. The plan is this:

I looked at the stages for each day of the tour and I was thinking of taking each days mileage and riding a fraction of that distance. The only time I would do the actual distance would be on the TT's. Anyway if I did the tour in 1/4 the distance I would cover about 600 miles. 750+ if I did it in 1/3. Since i have no other time committed this summer other then working and saving money up for moving out west I thought this would be a cool thing to do on my own. If I started in the next few days it would line up with my schedule via rest days. I am in no specific training this summer except I plan on doing a 24 hour ride sometime in September. If I did this I would do either the 1/4 or the 1/3 fractions as in the long run I think that would be the easiest. The only backfire here would be mountain passes and I would not really be able to recreate that in anyway. But this is an idea I came up with tonight. What do you guys think? Any input on how I could improve this idea? Thoughts, comments, and concerns are welcome.