View Single Post
Old 06-13-08, 03:32 PM
fietser_ivana

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Must say that I'm torn about deciding whether or not to get my touring/randonneuring bicycle revamped. It's been in a humid bike shed for nearly 4 yrs after having been used on a near-daily basis for 7 years and logged about 70 000 K (almost 45K miles) on it.
It's going to cost major €€€ to get it revamped.

And you know what motivates me most to get it re-vamped?
My nearly disappearing hamstrings! Only late 2003 I finally got the cranks I'd needed for nearly 30 years but never had.. viz. 150mm instead of the 165 I had (or the 170mm standard size). So, between autumn 2003 and Jan 2004 when I got ill, there was only 3 mo. to develop more hamstrings size as I *finally* was able to not just push but also PULL with the cleats. These f*ing stupid bike people always claiming how not a single person was in need of cranks smaller than 165mm yada yada..

Anyway, when you have long hamstrings (I can touch the floor with my hands, despite ossified lower back), it's very difficult to put some size on them when you only lift weights.
There's very few gyms with GHR (glute-ham raise stations),Romanian DLs don't really work THAT well and while lying leg curls are good, my current gym has only seated leg curls.
If I'd not be such a chicken (or rather have stronger shoulders) I might really try to do the actual snatches & clean+jerks as I've seen pix of girls doing these and they generally have fantastic legs!

Soooooo who knows.. sprinting with my own bicycle and only pulling up the pedals (I've got Speedplay Frogs on them), might just do the trick?

JW: NO products aren't just for 'teh PUMP" which actually (as my bf tells me) is NOT better than cumming but has a useful function , viz. better blood flow and more oxygen delivery. Frankly .. even more useful for cyclists who barely use them, than for weight lifting.